Pages

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind...
Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come" -Tool







Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living and Learning (Part I)

So much has happened since my last post, I really do not know where to start. I feel like I could write a lengthy book on my experiences and revelations that have occurred in the past month. I will try to get it all out as succinct as possible. The biggest thing that happened, event wise, was that this new job I was so excited about turned out not to be so great, in fact, I have chosen to move on already. I really liked the company, and it was my intent to try to create a position where I could educate consumers on healthy eating choices. However, I felt very repressed at the company and my job was not at all what I wanted to be doing...working in a kitchen, doing mundane work, surrounded by foods I refuse to consume, and under management that was not very supportive. I am not sure if my ultimate goal of creating a position where I could educate the public would have come about, but I know it would have taken a long time, and I did not feel like my voice was being heard. I chose to leave, rather abruptly, I feel slightly bad about giving only one week notice, but it seemed okay considering the circumstances. So what did I learn from this experience? some kitchen skills, to speak up for myself, to try my best to make things happen, to realize when I am not in a situation that is best for me, to respect and love myself, to stand up for myself, to take chances, to not be afraid of changes or the unknown, to find a way to do something with my life that I am passionate about...I really feel I am on that journey now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment