Pages

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind...
Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come" -Tool







Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Growth

Today I reflect upon the past two years of my life, as I have officially completed my Masters degree and assistantship. I began this journey two years ago, not quite knowing what to expect. It turned out to be an amazing two years of personal growth and accomplishment. I experienced so much in the past two years. For the first time I lived on my own, minus a few months of temporary roommate fiasco, and loved it! I got a wonderful kitty who has been great company. I had some interesting relationships...Oh the stories! I got my first tattoo, went to Europe, and became vegan! I completed a thesis on sleep and obesity, an independent study on veganism, and taught nearly 200 students basic nutrition. I have gotten in the best shape of my life with lots of stretching, walking/running, and weights. I have begun the process of learning to listen to my body, leaving behind disordered eating and disconnect between my mind and body. I have learned to embrace life! Here's to the next chapter in my life....

1 comment:

  1. Great post - it's amazing how far you can come in such a short space of time! I feel the same - I wouldn't have recognized myself this time two years ago. Bring on positive change!

    ReplyDelete