Pages

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind...
Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come" -Tool







Monday, May 10, 2010

Inner peace and acceptance

I am beginning to realize the importance of finding inner peace and self acceptance. It seems like I used to do a lot of things in order to please others and impress others. It's like I was living outside my body and not being in tune with what I need or who I am. I thought I had to look a certain way, say something in particular, or act a certain way in order to have someone's acceptance and approval. I would modify my looks or thoughts for the sake of others. This is no way to live my life. Of course, I want to make others happy and I do not want to be selfish, but I absolutely have to do, say, and act in such a way that is best for me. I need to accept and embrace myself for who I am and not feel the need to change for anyone! Accepting my body, thoughts, and actions as uniquely me is important. I need to embrace who I am, be confident in me, accept all my pros and cons, and find inner peace with myself. If I act in such a way that I accept deep down as good for me and good for others, then I am I will be truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment