Pages

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind...
Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come" -Tool







Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reaching out- something new

Today I tried some great new foods that I have never experienced before. I love experimenting with healthy new foods. For the longest time I was reluctant to try new foods, especially fruits and vegetables. My transition to a vegan diet has completely expanded my horizons. I eat such a variety of fruits and veggies and I feel great! I love finding new superfoods that I know gives my body major nutritional kick! So today, I had sweet beets on a salad. The beets were good, I liked the texture. Beets are an unique source of calcium. For dinner, I had, for the first time, rutabaga, celery root, and nutritional yeast. The dish was okay, definitly had potential. Nutritional yeast is great for vegans as it is a great source of protein and B12. Then...for dessert, I had dried mulberries...AMAZING. They are sweet and chewey and delicious! Not to mention the nutritional profile is unreal. Tons of fiber, protein, iron, and calcium...a vegan's dream. Yay, for trying new things. So important! Today I also have been dreaming about opening my vegan, organic cafe in Florida. Its a dream that I think will become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment